Join our Team
Our success is predicated on our ability to recruit and retain highly motivated and qualified staff in all areas of the company. Our goal for the future is simple – we want the best people to work with us.
Acrux offers a dynamic environment that fosters a work culture emphasising teamwork, with a commitment to attract and retain highly motivated and qualified people.
Our working environment is one that embodies our vision and values, celebrates diversity of background and thought, and supports a balance of professional and personal needs.
We conduct our business with integrity and honesty, and aspire to excellence in all we do. We know our team is vital to the success of the business, and encourage everyone to achieve their maximum potential.
The Formulation Scientist key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and characterising formulations for Acrux’ specialty and generic portfolio to support regulatory dossier filings;
- Formulating laboratory test batches to support product development, regulatory submissions and the method validation programs;
- Designing and conducting experiments to develop a robust formulation and manufacturing procedures for sterile and non-sterile liquid and semisolid formulations using a QbD approach;
- Performing scale-up studies and manufacture laboratory scale pharmaceutical products to support stability programs;
- Supporting documentation including the pharmaceutical product development history;
- Performing laboratory work to support product or process troubleshooting and special investigations;
- Conducting experiments to evaluate the feasibility of product concepts;
- Supporting general operation of the laboratory, including maintenance of SOP’s and training;
- Maintaining accurate and complete laboratory records with adherence and compliance to cGMP’s and GLPs.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in the life sciences, Formulation/Pharmaceutical Science or Chemistry with demonstrated logical approach to research and development. You will possess a strong technical/scientific understanding of product development and have the ability to research and interpret literature. You will also possess excellent communication skills and practical abilities being a laboratory based, hands-on role. Strong organisational skills and attention to detail whilst able to multi-task and prioritise are essential. The key to this role is your flexible “can do” attitude, excellent work ethic and initiative whilst working autonomously or as part of a team. Hands on skills in analytical instruments such as HPLC, particle sizer, Viscometer, Rheometer, Microscopy, Karl-Fischer titrator, In vitro release and permeation testing are desirable.
Acrux offers a dynamic environment that fosters a work culture emphasising teamwork with a commitment to attract and retain highly motivated and qualified people. The working environment at Acrux is one that embodies our vision and values, celebrates diversity of background and thought, and supports a balance of professional and personal needs.
Please contact Sharon Consiglio on 8379 0100 for further information or apply with your resume to email@example.com, or Acrux DDS Pty Ltd., Level 1, 103-113 Stanley St, West Melbourne, VIC 3003.